Rogers ECPTA was founded in 2015 by parents who are interested in having their young children attend Dan D. Rogers Elementary, their neighborhood school. The organization’s goals include:
- Fostering friendships among neighborhood children before they begin kindergarten.
- Promoting open communication between interested families and the teachers and administrators at Rogers.
- Connecting families who have a shared interest in taking advantage of their neighborhood school.
- Encouraging neighborhood parents to consider Rogers as a bona fide option for elementary school by providing easy-to-access information about recent achievements and successes at Rogers.
- Informing neighborhood parents about the benefits of attending Rogers – specifically their “personalized learning” curriculum and facilities renovations.
Join us for play dates, happy hours, volunteer opportunities and more!
From past members, whose kids are now at Rogers:
“Coming from a small private school we loved and where we could have stayed through 8th grade, it was not an easy choice to make to switch to DISD. I agonized for months. But by getting involved in the ECPTA last year, taking tours and doing a project at the school over the summer, it made the transition easier. I was worried it would be hard for the kids to leave familiar surroundings, but by the end of the 1st week of school, they were telling me how much they liked it. The teachers are outstanding, and Mrs. Lovato is a bold, caring leader. I love how they start promoting college in Pre-K. DDR has definitely exceeded my expectations and I’m proud to be an Eagle parent!”
“My child has had a great year at Dan D Rogers. He is learning so much this year! He always has a smile on his face after school and speaks so highly of his teachers and classmates. There are opportunities to volunteer and get involved at school. I am excited to be a volunteer and member of ECPTA. Ms. Lovato & her staff are great! How awesome is it that we have Principal of the Year?! Our school also has teacher of the year recipient and earned all distinctions. In addition, Rogers has academic teams and enrichment clubs. Lots of opportunities for our kids! Support Dan D. Rogers, our neighborhood school!”